Teresa Peterson, Theresa Peterson, Theresa Petersen, Detroit Michigan Midwest artist contemporary art: altered art, found object sculptures, collage, and installation junk trash recycled art the kitsch lab the kitsch laboratory kisch kitch kich
Story Collage Workshop
- Where? The Detroit Waldorf School, 2555 Burns Detroit, MI
- When? Saturday, December 7, 2019; 1pm - 3pm
- Who can attend? Adults and older teens, ages 14 and up
- Who's the instructor?Teresa Petersen
- How much? Cost: $35.00
- What do I bring? Just yourself. All required material is provided, including many kinds of vintage magazines, old cookbooks, kid's books, old calendars and encyclopedias for subject matter, as well as scissors, glue and a sheet of basic collage tips
- What do I do? In this workshop we will make story collage art - using collage techniques not just to make an art piece, but to tell a story which draws the viewer in.
- What do I get? Participants are welcome to make as many pieces as they wish. Each person will get a 5x7 frame so a favorite piece will be ready to put on the wall when the class is finished.
- How can I find out more about the class? Email me at email@example.com
- How can I find out more about collage? See my tutorial on collage.
- How do I sign up? Click the Paypal link below (credit or debit cards accepted):
Teresa Petersen, Detroit Artist
Teresa Petersen is an artist living and working in the city of Detroit, Michigan.
She works in several media, specializing in found-object assemblage sculptures, collages made from vintage prints, catalogs, and magazines, and mixed media pieces containing elements of both. The individual objects making up each piece serve to form a cohesive final structure as well as individually relate to the theme of the piece as a whole.
Her work emphasizes and explores the relationships between women's stereotypes and ideals: in culture, in nature, and in our throw-away society.